In this course, you learn the Associate Value Specialists AVS terminology, tools and techniques required to pass the AVS ® exam. You will receive a CD of material including the AVS ® Guide and practice exam bank questions. You also receive the Campus Education AVS ® attendance Certificate.
- What is The Certificate
- Program Objective
- Workshop Advantage
- Target Audience
- Why Campus
- Program Certification
- Exam Details
– Over the course of this workshop you will learn all the tools and techniques of the Value Engineering methodology and the function analysis process. You will learn how to apply a variety of Value Engineer analytical tools to save up to 30 % of the cost, to achieve overall process improvement objectives. The instructor will also cover skills for leading Value Engineer teams and managing VE sessions.Once you’ve completed the training you will become eligible for certification by SAVE international.
– Apply function-oriented thinking to any project.
– Conduct creativity sessions.
– Create FAST diagrams.
– Develop ideas and concepts into detailed proposals complete with business case data and implementation action plans.
– Select project and team members.
– Explain the value concept and reasons for unnecessary cost.
VALUE ENGINEERING/MANAGEMENT WORKSHOP
Traditionally, projects have been developed by generating a program of needs, using in house staff, or hiring consultants to develop necessary documents, and subsequently award projects. However, there is no programmed input to implement any kind of quality control/value assurance program in much of the process.
In most areas of the industrial field, e.g. computers, steel automobiles, aircraft, etc., formal quality control/value assurance programs are a basic part of their management process. For public and private
Organization in the Gulf area, very few similar formal programs has been implemented.
Value engineering (VE)
is a methodology that is know, accepted and has an impressive history of improving value through customizing Quality and optimizing Life Cycle Cost
(LCC). VE is an organized process that has been effectively used by a wide range of companies and establishments to achieve their continuous goals. The success of the VE process is due to its ability to identify opportunities to remove unnecessary costs while assuring quality, reliability, performance, and other critical factors that meet or exceed customers’ expectation. The improvements are the result of recommendations made by multidiscipline teams from all concerned parties.
Total Quality Management (TQM)
“Has been recognized and implemented by industries and governments all over the world as the management system which lead us to prosperity. TQM is a group of thoughts and principles that consists of series of methods, techniques and tools. TQM can be defined as “A cooperative form of doing business that relies on the capabilities of both labor and management, using teamwork, to continually improve quality, economy and productivity to complete satisfaction of the customer”.
– Project Managers, Project Team Members, Project Engineer, Design Engineer, Project Leaders, Industrial Engineer, Program Managers, Operation Managers, Functional Managers, Accountants, Sales Team Supervisors, Safety Managers and supervisors. All individuals need to learn the value engineering methodology and apply them to their projects to add value and improve the rate of return
– Following up/guiding the participant.
– 40 Training credit hours.
– Certified and Professional Instructors.
– Free Material + Questions.
– Free Revision for each section.
– Free Quiz after each section.
– Re-attending the Course when needed without any charge.
– Catering Services.
– Certificate of attendance from CAMPUS.
* A Certificate of Achievement will be awarded to those who faithfully attend, participate and successfully complete the Course.
* The basic principles and organization pre study stage + information phase
– Definitions , objectives and target of value engineering
– Principles of value engineer.
– Organization and planning of value engineering.
– Stages of value Engineering.
– Value engineering phases ( information & data collection – function analysis – creativity phase – evaluation – development and presentation)
– Formulation of working group on value engineering.
– Analysis of initial requirements and specification.
– Benchmarking and gathering information about available solutions.
* Function analysis phase + fast diagram:
– Function identification.
– Function classification
– Level of Abstractions.
– Function Analysis system techniques Drawing the fast diagram of the case study.
* Creativity , evaluation and development Phases
– Functional cost analysis ( Function analysis)
– Techniques of group discussion and idea generation.
– Development of performance indicators ( Financial and Non Financial ).
– Quality base selection.
* Life cycle costing , presentation and post study case.
– Simulation of life cycle costs.
– Evaluation of options and proposals on the basis of the value engineering.
– Reporting format of value engineering.
– Using the results of value engineering in projects of capital constructions.
– Implementation of the results of value engineering.
* Preparation of AVS Exam.
40 Credit Hours:
– One Lecture per week ( 2 Months and 2 Weeks).
– Two Lectures per week ( 1 Months and 2 Weeks ).
Each of our instructors is a working professional from industry with at least 20 years of experience.
( English / Arabic ).